Virtual events and what they mean for your b2b marketing communications plan
What do you need to know about virtual events?
Well, maybe the easiest to understand but perceivably the hardest to execute. But it doesn’t have to be. Virtual events have been around for some time…and are on everyone’s minds now that we need them the most.
As tradeshows and events all around the world cancel or postpone you are left trying to create connections for your organization and your sales teams that can deliver results similar to those generated at your booth. Is it possible you can, and increase your ROI at the same time?
what you want to consider:
You’ll never recreate a tradeshow. That’s not necessarily a bad thing. By considering a virtual event you can:
- Deliver brand consistency
- Create an exclusive platform to share program launches and updates
- Develop on-demand content in a way that your audiences can view and interact with on their time
- Create excitement and priority around your live presentations and announcements
- Provide your teams with unique selling opportunities in a concentrated amount of time that they can leverage in more frequent and efficient ways
- Catalog content that can be repurposed for months beyond your event
are virtual events right for me?
- In January, MarketingProfs shared survey results that indicated virtual events were going to have a moment in 2020. And that was before COVID-19 forced us to consider trade show alternatives.
- Now? 78% of marketers expect to increase their budget in virtual events
We may go back to tradeshows in a traditional form, but the virtual event is here to stay. The question is what does it look like for you? Together we will evaluate your marketing communications program and look for opportunities to join existing events in a way that helps you stand out – OR – create your own event, customized to your industry.